£30,000-35,000 + commission + bonus
Our client is one of the leading venues in the Midlands. They specialise in hosting large scale events, including a big focus on exhibitions and conferences. They are looking for an enthusiastic Sales Manager to join their team, to have a big impact on sales and revenue.
The role is to secure new and repeat business from exhibition organisers for the venue, by being proactive in the exhibition marketplace. The candidate must also achieve personal and team targets set by the Commercial Director in line with the business strategies, and identify opportunities to increase the profile of the venue and generate sales.
Other benefits with the role include a car allowance of £300 per month, life assurance, a company pension scheme and rugby season tickets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Effectively plan for future personal sales activities based on agreed KPIs and to meet individual sales targets.
- Researching the exhibition market, with a focus on exhibitions staged regionally at local venues and identifying new exhibitions for the venue.
- Development of relationships by having regular face-to-face meetings with clients at the venue and off-site.
- Prepare presentation and proposal documentation which demonstrates the benefits and value proposition of the venue to meet clients’ needs.
- Negotiate with clients where necessary and ensure all documentation including contracts are prepared, issued and returned within the deadlines.
- Plan in regular client meetings to continue to grow the business relationships and develop long term viability partnerships.
- Develop an understanding of the costs involved in exhibition delivery and make recommendations where improvements can be achieved.
- Report on activities, progress and discuss key issues.
- Maintain records on clients and sales activity.
- Maintain sales reports and complete accurately and in timely fashion
- Ensure customers comply with company terms and conditions of trading – prepare documentation to ensure all contractual details covered off.
- Identification of an exhibition target list with the Head of Sales and the development of a strategy and activity plan to secure business.
The candidate should have:
- Proven sales experience within a client focused sales role with similar target levels.
- Drive and energy to succeed – must have a ‘hunting’ attitude and tenacity for the sale.
- Strong relationship builder.
- Experience of the exhibition market.
- Ability to self-manage and be pro-active in role.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Commercial acumen – ability to close deals and agree appropriate commercial terms.
- Understanding of the costs involved in exhibition delivery and influencing additional sales.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiator and influencing skills.
- Innovative and creative approach to sales generation.
- Ability to work effectively as a contributing team member.
- Passion, energy, drive and commitment.
- Ideally degree qualified with a minimum of two years exhibition sales or similar consultative sales experience.
- Computer literate (Microsoft office, PowerPoint, Excel).