A specialist events and B2B publishing business, which serves the UK and international events industry, is looking for a Sales Executive to join their team. The candidate will serve customers by selling print and digital advertising, sponsorship of events and event management/networking events.
Key responsibilities include:
- Look after existing accounts and establish new accounts on a daily basis – this includes day to day telephone sales and face to face meetings
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Create proposals for clients based on daily calls and meetings
- Regular meetings with line manager discussing activity, prospects generated, weekly plans, monthly goals, and forecasting
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information (magazines, websites, etc.) on pricing, products, new prospects, etc
- Recommend changes or improvements in products by evaluating results and competitive developments. New revenue stream ideas always welcome
- Maintain professional sales technique and knowledge by attending regular sales training sessions; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in networking events
- Provide historical records by maintaining records on area and client sales
- Staggered working hours to allow for calling different destinations. Sales representative needs to be fairly flexible.
The candidate should have:
- Closing skills
- Prospecting skills
- Client relationships
- Motivation for sales.