This role would be working as Sales Manager on a launch event. The role would be a combination of new business development and account management, selling globally.
It is a perfect role for a hard-working, ambitious, driven sales professional who is happy to conduct sales over the phone and via email, as well as travelling the world: conducting face to face meetings, attending competitor trade shows and scheduling business development road trips.
Specific expectations for the role:
- Purpose of the role, key deliverables, and responsibilities:
- In charge of updating and extending prospects database and delivering sales objectives, based on a proposed commercial plan using market knowledge of designated sector (competitive events, trends, innovations, key stakeholders, media…) led by Event Manager. Feed marketing with needs.
- Build sustainable relationships with exhibitors (incl. face to face) to improve market knowledge retention ratio, selling sponsoring and value-added services.
- Global travel to see customers, competitive tradeshows and generation of new business.
- Responsible for the administration of potential and confirmed exhibitors in the CRM system and subsequent paperwork once a deal has been made.
- Responsible for achieving sales targets, both individual and as a team.
- Responsible for providing content for the Critical Sales Paths (CSP), Retention Reports and Booked Exhibitor Lists.
- Responsible for working cohesively and as a team alongside two other sales staff.
- Three performance indicators: “How would you describe an outstanding performance in this role?”
- Exceed sales objectives and targets, growing accounts and generating new business.
- Make 40+ calls a day with 16 successful interactions with customers each day.
- Hitting sponsorship targets for each event.
- Three expected deliverables by the end of the first three months
- Understand the market: main challenges and trends of the sector, industry value chain and key players.
- Be able to use the CRM system and maintain a steady work tempo (+ 40 calls per day + 16 successful interactions per day).
- Meet the key stakeholders (internal and external) and start to be receiving signed contracts (minimum 2 units (18sqm) a week).
The candidate should have:
- Specific exhibition industry knowledge (probably 2 to 7 years) in different domains.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a commercial role/s.
- Marketing experience is a plus.
- Market knowledge/affinity and existing network in the sector is a plus.
- Ideally bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- Commercial and negotiation skills.
- Resilience, being customer-minded, being results driven, having passion.
- Further languages are a bonus.