£60,000 + commission + bonus + benefits
Our client is looking for a strong sales leader who will be responsible for creating and implementing a sales strategy to achieve ambitious new business growth and retention targets.
The candidate will direct the sale of the service catalogue, focused on sales to organisations within an assigned customer market and/or segment. They will develop relationships and solicit business with new and existing complex accounts, whilst expanding opportunities with existing accounts by cross selling and up selling additional services.
This role forms part of the senior leadership team and the candidate will work collaboratively with cross functional leaders to achieve business goals.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Sales volume £3 million or more annually.
- Actively engaged in the hunt. Makes a constant effort to find new business. Prospects customers through cold calls, networking and or referrals.
- Grows assigned accounts to meet target revenues.
- Demonstrates success by winning new business and works to secure multiple year contracts.
- Look for ways to develop competitive difference as you compete for new business.
- Achieves budgeted sales and job cost.
- Quotes prices and credit terms for business proposals and final orders.
- Produces sales proposals and presentations, lead large pitches for new business.
- Own all aspects of custom build business development reporting both directly and via administrative support, delivering consistent and transparent information flow through salesforce.com and any other associated forms.
- Builds relationships with assigned leads. Compiles and maintains list of prospective national sales leads.
- Part of the senior leadership management team contributes to building the volume and quality of business.
The candidate should have:
- Great drive, enthusiasm and a “can do” attitude at all times.
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in field sales, preferably within the exhibition and events industry.
- The ability to deliver results and maintain a hunger to succeed without constant supervision.
- The ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues.
- Verbal communication skills to communicate with all levels of the organisation.
- Written communication skills to produce succinct correspondence and reports.
- Must be competent in the use of all Microsoft office products while also being fully competent using sales-based CRM software, with experience of salesforce.com being preferable.
- Have the ability to problem solve and create innovative solutions that present the client as the most professional provider of event services in the market.
- A proven track record of building strategic partnerships with high value customers through consultative selling.
- A valid driving licence or the ability to travel around the UK.
The role may include some EMEA travel to other site locations with occasional international trips where required.