£27,500 per annum, pro-rata (fixed term contract, 8 months)
This role is an ideal opportunity for an organised, efficient and adaptable individual to gain a rounded experience of the event and exhibition industry.
The post involves administrative and operational tasks and daily contact with internal and external stakeholders by phone and occasionally face to face.
Based in a multi-discipline team, the post-holder will assist the team with managing a speaker programme, pre-event and onsite logistics and tying content effectively to a successful marketing campaign.
The candidate should have excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to work in a deadline driven and fast paced environment, whilst balancing a varied workload. The candidate must have good oral and writing skills and the confidence to liaise with UK and international government personnel up to senior level, as well as industry exhibitors. Excellent attention to detail, proactiveness and taking initiative is essential for this role.
This role would suit an Executive Assistant or experienced administrator looking for a move into the dynamic and fast-paced world of events.
The candidate must hold a valid passport as the role may require the candidate to attend international events.
Key responsibilities include:
- Speaker management – Ensure speakers are fully briefed in preparation for their participation in the event
- Collating speaker and conference programme information and providing it in the relevant format for marketing
- Working with the operations team to coordinate logistical aspects of the conference programme
- Fulfilling speaker and stakeholder correspondence and enquiries
- Producing briefing papers
- Updating website with latest conference agenda
- Producing meeting notes
- Data Management
- Be part of the on-site team to ensure the effective and smooth running of the event’s conference and seminars.
The candidate should:
- Be competent with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Have an understanding of core conference producing and marketing disciplines
- Be punctual, presentable, a fast-learner and highly organised
- Able to work under considerable pressure, with a flexible approach to working hours with excellent verbal and written communication.