The successful candidate will be responsible for researching, planning, coordinating and directing the development of conference content programmes within our client’s EMEA-region Hotel Investment Events group and overseeing programmes directly related to conference/educational programmes.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the Conference Producer has regular contact with all conference and event staff and a high level of collaboration with senior executives from Conference Sponsors, whose executives and management participate in all aspects of the conference programme.
This position has responsibility for maintaining and developing the group’s relationships with the strategic sponsor and delegate companies, industry association, professional and trade groups and critical business partners for purposes of developing world-class conference programming. This position must be visible at all of the group’s events.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and directing the development of conference content in the company’s EMEA-region Hotel Investment Events
- Responsible for developing sponsored programmes in collaboration with the group’s management and Event sponsors/hosts;
- Supports the management of the group’s advisory board relationships, relations with key industry association, professional and trade groups and represents the group externally among such organisations
- In collaboration with group management, organises the advisory board meetings and engages as an active participant to solicit advisory board input into programming of keynote, panels, speakers, breakouts and other related conference sessions
- Produces conference topics and programming schedules/grids as an outcome of advisory board meetings and on-going communication with sponsors/hosts and group management
- Maintains an active knowledge of the hotel investment industry and works collaboratively with from sponsor/host companies to place C-level and other senior executives into relevant sessions on the program and facilitate the production of relevant breakout/workshop sessions with sponsors/hosts at all events
- Actively organises, facilitates and, where necessary, recruits, speakers, moderators and panelists, securing commitments in a timely fashion consistent with overall conference production and marketing plans
- Speaker liaison to ensure speakers and moderators are properly briefed and prepared
- Provides critical input to internal editorial and external/3rd-party contributors in the development of appropriate content in alignment with audience interests on the group’s primary digital media, eNews and social media assets
- Responsible for identifying new conference opportunities within defined industries; includes researching potential markets, event themes and formats
- Coordinates with the Event Director and conference operations and meeting management staff in the implementation of all pre-event and on-site activities for the conference programs
- Oversees management of on-site speaker support, speaker ready rooms, green rooms and VIP handling of participating speakers and advisory board members
- Negotiates with suppliers and vendors, making appropriate decisions and vendor selection
- Collaborates with the IHIF Event Director in supplying relevant cost inputs to the budget and for other EMEA region conferences, ensure that all event activities are within budget guidelines
- Confers with senior management and performs other projects as assigned.
The candidate should:
- Have a university degree or higher and minimum 2 years’ experience in the conference and event marketing industry and/or hotel investment, commercial real estate development or related
- Establish and communicate a clear and common vision of the desired future state of the conferences and served industry
- Be effective at communicating and collaborating at a business level with senior executives from sponsor/host companies and applying knowledge to the process of developing world-class conference programmes
- Be highly organised, self-directed in the achievement of key objectives according to strict schedules, deliverables and timelines
- Be an excellent communicator and comfortable speaking in board room and large audience settings
- Have an understanding of issues relevant to the conferences’ market and industry
- Listen to and understand internal/external customers and supplier expectations, needs and wants
- Have a high degree of creative, managerial, negotiating, financial and time management skills
- Be good with numbers and must be detail oriented
- Have a high degree of interpersonal skills, and have practical working knowledge of digital marketing, computer skills; this includes experience in word processing, presentation and spread sheet applications, marketing automation, CRM and other relevant business applications.