£30,000-40,000 + benefits
The Marketing Manager plays a critical role in the timely and successful execution of this company’s event and media marketing strategies, communications and activities. The ideal candidate is a digital native, possessing outstanding organisational and communication skills; impeccable attention to detail; excellent customer/delegate acquisition skills; and enthusiasm for the global travel and hospitality industry.
Knowledge of email marketing systems, social media, lead generation, event marketing, and digital advertising are required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist Marketing Director in maintaining the day-to-day marketing efforts of the global portfolio of events.
- Traffic strategic marketing campaigns that drive event revenue through sponsorship marketing and delegate acquisition. Manage the execution of promotional email campaigns to ensure successful delivery.
- Weekly reporting on all digital channel analytics (email, social, web).
- Create marketing calendars and traffic creative assets through the workflow and approval process.
- Work with designers to create effective sales collateral and lead generation programs.
- Leverage content marketing via our editorial assets to increase awareness and interest in our events.
- Meet constant deadlines for events and media.
- Support event directors and sales teams in developing targeted sales materials and presentations.
- Assist in results reporting, trafficking of projects, and budget tracking.
- Interact with external vendors and internal clients to ensure deadlines and requirements are met.
- Assist in creating and implementing the marketing and public relations plan for all events; includes representing each event to the media and the exhibitors; prepares site proposals and recommendations for review.
- Compile and maintain monthly statistical reports on the performance of events within the group, generate custom reports from the sales automation system and other in-house resources.
- Provide support in advertiser/agency, staff and editorial comp list maintenance.
- Maintain a monthly competitive tracking report on related events as assigned by Marketing Director.
The candidate should have:
- Minimum 3 year’s event marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience in MS Office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in database software and email service providers, preferably Sales Force and Marketo. Marketing automation experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe or Quark a plus
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work independently, communicate effectively in both written and verbal form, and possess a high degree of organisational and detail and creativity-oriented skills.
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects with hard deadlines.