Reporting to the Group Operations Director and Operations Manager, the Operations Executive primary role will be to successfully deliver all Tier 3 events, to provide support to Tier 1 and 2 events and provide support for the day to day business operations. They will also work as a key conduit of information between the Organiser and the Exhibitor when it comes to exhibitor support during the build-up period for the client’s exhibitions.
This is a high profile, industry facing role, therefore effective communication, high-level attention to detail and superb client management skills are paramount to the delivery of each event.
Key responsibilities include:
- To work onsite at events during build-up, open period and breakdown and to fulfill the request of the Operations Director and Operations Manager onsite at the events.
- Research and prepare direct event-related costs both internal and external, domestic and non-domestic events. This can include couriering of print collateral, electrics, internet, flights and accommodation.
- Creating, completing and managing of contra.
- To be the first line of communication for the exhibitor regarding any operational queries surrounding exhibitions.
- To support on the creation of the Exhibitor Manuals and work with the Group Operations Director and the Operations Manager to complete these.
- To completely understand every aspect of the Exhibitor Manual in order to be able to understand all aspects of the event and questions which may be asked.
- To understand and use the floor plan system for the event (e.g. Blueprint by Freeman).
- To understand and use the online Exhibitor Manual platform (Exhibitor Architect by Freeman) and how information is processed through this.
- To understand and use the online Marketing platform (e.g. Exhibitor Hub from LiveBuzz).
- To understand and use the online Registration platform (e.g. Live Control from LiveBuzz or On Arrival from Cvent).
- To fully understand the end to end process of “Data Pushing” through the various platforms used at an exhibition, how they all work and to manage any issues which may occur. This could involve (but isn’t limited too) resending login detail, liaising between Exhibitors and Suppliers to problem solve and ensure all queries are dealt with.
- To monitor the event sales ledgers and ensure that the Group Operations Director and Operations Manager are aware of all operational information within them and that this is up to date and correct.
- To pass on all relevant operational information regarding additional extras from the sales ledgers in order for these to be processed and booked as per the terms of the contract.
- To manage delegates, where required, across a number of events, including travel, accommodation, dietary requirements, passport information etc.
- To create joining instructions across various events and ensure all attendees have received these in a timely manner.
- To work onsite across a large number of the company’s events in various roles such as Front of House, Registration, the Exhibition Desk in the Organisers Office etc.
- Manage and coordinate third party Crew/Staff and the various roles they are required to complete across the events.
- Process, chase and follow-up all graphics requirements for the various events across the company.
- To manage the delivery of collateral to domestic and international events.
- To onsite Event Manage specific areas of any given event such as the set-up of receptions, pavilions, exhibition stands etc.
- Consideration of health, safety and environmental issues and decisions.
- Meticulous filing and record keeping
- Provide ad-hoc PA duties to the MD.
- To set up new users work-stations who join the company, this can include PCs, phones, printers and scanners etc.
- Liaise with third Party Suppliers regarding day-to-day office management requests or issues.
- To manage various email inboxes related to relevant portfolios and events.
- To help when necessary in ensuring ensure all exhibitors have updated their online profiles in order they have maximum exposure pre-event and that their information can also be pulled through for the exhibitions show guide.
The candidate should be:
- Highly organised, self-motivated and an energetic individual
- Able to work to with own initiative but with direction
- Able to think creatively and solve problems
- Flexible in working methods and ideas
- Excellent team player with a collaborative approach
- Able to work enthusiastically and with an ability to motivate others
- Respect for diversity and inclusion with practical ideas for their implementation within the scope of the role
- Ability to work with a number of contractors across multiple events at the same time
- Highly organised, able to support the management of tasks, budgets and plans
- Comfortable multi-tasking, using CRM platforms, and take pride in your verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build effective relationships via email, over the phone or face-to-face
- Committed to high-quality output and service, with an eye for detail
- Positive, friendly and a real team player
- Ability to meet deadlines and resolve problems, whilst remaining calm in busy and stressful environments
- Effective time management
- Organised and methodical, with high-level of attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team.