An opportunity has arisen for a talented Sales Executive to join the team working on Asia’s leading international design event. Showcasing the best design brands from across the globe, the event provides a unique and exciting B2B platform for exhibitors to network and establish long-term business relations with China’s elite.
The event attracts over 68,000 visitors, and over 400 exhibitors many of whom have never been to China. Our client is continuing to expand the team in the UK and in China. In addition to the above event, they have recently launched a twin show in Beijing which will also be dealt with by this job role.
The ideal candidate will have experience of work in an international environment or the right mind-set to do so, and be willing to travel internationally, with a passion for interior design. The successful candidate will be a sharp self-starter, motivated by individual targets and career progression.
Key responsibilities include:
- To ensure sales targets are achieved every month
- To ensure expected telephone call rates, (set by your manager at 90 minutes per day) are achieved consistently
- To develop and grow the existing client base and spend
- To actively and intelligently seek new business
- To ensure all new business is followed up and turned in to repeat business
- To ensure that the “quality of exhibitor” is kept at the highest achievable level
- To manage your clients before, during and after the show
- To deliver an event section that meets exhibitor and visitor expectations
- To communicate with your Event Sales Manager to ensure sales targets are being achieved.
- To liaise with the operations team ensuring the smooth running of the exhibition during build up, the event open times and break down
- To communicate with the marketing and features teams ensuring that clients benefit from additional opportunities
- Communicate with credit control to ensure all contracts are fully paid prior to the event.
- To ensure accurate and responsible admin for all stand bookings
- To ensure that the in-house database is up to date with contacts and comments.
- To support other team members as and when required and maintain a positive and enthusiastic attitude towards the role and the company
- To engage fully in training and development.
- To be present at all events that you work on, irrespective of the fact they overlap into a weekend
- To represent your event and the company at all times in a professional manner.
The candidate should:
- Have previous sales experience; demonstrating the ability to hit and exceed targets
- Be a professional networker
- Be a strategic and proactive thinker and planner
- Have ability to engage and mentor
- Be highly organised with an eye for detail
- Be resilient
- Thrive in overcoming challenges
- Not show fear in engaging in prospect clients.