£27,000 + commission + bonus + benefits
An opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and talented individual to join a market leading exhibitions organiser as a Sales Executive. The candidate will work with a highly dedicated team across two international exhibitions and there will be an opportunity to travel internationally and meet clients face to face.
The ideal candidate should have previous solid sales experience, good communication skills, organisational skills, as well as have a positive ‘can-do’, attitude. Additional languages to English (reading, writing and speaking) would be a huge benefit for this role as well as the ability to develop good client relationships both on the phone and face-to-face.
The ideal candidate will be a tenacious, hungry and motivated to be a self-starter, able to hit the ground running, but also willing to listen and learn. Training and mentoring will be provided, and you will be supported by the Head of Sales and team. The candidate must have a strong desire and proven track record in B2B new business development, as this role will be 80 per cent new business and 20 per cent account management.
- Developing complex sales propositions and profitable features in new and existing show markets
- Telephone sales to existing and potential exhibitors and sponsors, to meet sales revenue targets
- Demonstrates an ability to make 50 calls per day
- Demonstrates ability to feed their pipeline with between 15 – 20 new proposals per week
- Demonstrates ability to close sales down in a timely fashion, before the opportunity goes cold
- Demonstrate the ability to make 60-90 minutes of outbound calls per day
- Sourcing relevant new business leads from competitive shows and from other sources
- Ability to manage their own time effectively, ensuring high productivity levels at all times
- Collating and producing sales plans and reports as required
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with exhibitors, sponsors, partners and the rest of the show team
- Keeping abreast of market developments and identifying and researching new growth areas for sales
- Visiting clients when necessary/appropriate
- Maintaining key customer care objectives and managing client’s expectations effectively
- Handling enquiries on the telephone, by email and by post, producing mailings and general office correspondence in a timely fashion, within 24 hours of the sales enquiry coming into the businesses
- Providing management with reports when required
- Ensuring that all sales administration is completed to a high standard and in a timely manner, outside of core selling time.
- Resolving exhibitor conflicts both in the office and on site in a timely fashion
- Working on site during the build-up, open period and breakdown of all the shows
- Liaising with the whole show team including marketing, ops, finance to ensure maximum awareness of each element of the shows, ensuring any issues are headed off before they become an issue
- Liaising with the Finance department to assist in deposit collection where necessary, flagging up early to the Head of Sales and Finance team, any potential ‘risk/bad debt’ clients
- Attending training courses as directed by the line manager
- Maintaining the Salesforce CRM guidelines at all times
- Attending industry functions and exhibitions when required – this will be overseas, therefore the candidate must be prepared to travel abroad. This will include overnight stays.
The candidate should:
- Have a proven track record in a similar sales role making high volume outbound calls and achieving and exceeding targets
- Have previous background in event sales, classified and display Publishing sales would be highly desirable
- Have demonstrable knowledge of the sales process – previous sales training courses highly advantageous
- Have the ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Have to work calmly under pressure
- Have a hunger to reach and exceed targets
- Have a tenacious ‘can do’ approach to work
- Be quick with initiative and not afraid to try out ideas
- Take pride in their work
- Be assertive, confident, creative, tenacious, ambitious and driven
- Be passionate about customers
- Have strong IT Skills
- Have effective active listening and communication skills
- Have trust and credibility amongst the potential customer base.